If you are looking for solutions to your Logitech Keyboard Not Working, then this article will help you solve the problem. When everything is going smoothly around us, a minor hiccup can seem like a massive issue in that scenario. Today, we will be talking about one such issue that leaves keyboard users angry sometimes, and the issue is the Logitech Keyboard Not Working in 2023.
If you own a Logitech Keyboard and is currently facing problem with your keyboard, then this article is for you as here we will be talking about the reasons behind the Logitech Keyboard not working in 2023 and, most importantly, the various steps that you can take to fix this issue.
Reasons: Logitech Keyboard Not Working in 2023
If you are looking for How To Fix Logitech Keyboard Not Working, then it is possible that there might be a few reasons behind it. The list of reasons that can be behind your Logitech Keyboard not working is given below, and any one of the whole list mentioned below can likely be the reason for the issue you are facing.
- Antivirus problem.
- An issue with Logitech Software.
- Windows Driver Issue.
- An issue with Logitech Driver.
- An issue with HID Access services.
- The improper pairing between the Logitech receiver and wireless keyboard.
Methods to Fix Logitech Keyboard Not Working
As we know now that there are a few reasons that can lead to your Logitech Keyboard not working, and it is undoubtedly a frustrating thing that you will come across. However, there is no need to panic about this situation as, similar to the reasons; there are a few methods that can help you fix your Logitech Keyboard not working issue.
There are various methods given below that can surely help with the issue that you are facing, and it is a possibility that any one of the methods mentioned below can fix the problem for you.
|Methods to Fix Logitech Keyboard Not Working|
|Update Keyboard Driver
|Check Keyboard Connectivity|
|Update Windows Driver|
|Restarting HID Human Interface Service|
|Reinstall Logitech Keyboard Software
Update Keyboard Driver
Though it is easy to update your Logitech Keyboard that is connected to your PC, if you are facing this issue, it is better recommended that you first uninstall the driver and then reinstall it as it reduces the chances of you facing this error again. All you need to do is to follow the steps given below.
- First, press the Windows key and R simultaneously on your PC, and you will come across the Run administrator, where you have to type ‘devmgmt.msc ‘in the text box and press Enter after it.
- Now, you come across a list of options in front of you, and here you have to click on the ‘Keyboards’ option to expand it. Then, right-click on the ‘Logitech Keyboard’ option and click on ‘Uninstall ‘from the drop-down box to uninstall it.
- In the next step, restart your PC, and if your receiver dongle is connected to your PC, then the keyboard driver on your PC will automatically get installed.
Once you have done initiating the step, you should check if your error has been fixed or not. If the error isn’t fixed, then proceed to the following method given below.
Check Keyboard Connectivity
It is seen these days that in most cases related to the Keyboard Connection issue when a keyboard is not working accordingly, it is because of the connectivity issue between the keyboard and the PC. However, you don’t need to worry, as this connectivity issue can be fixed.
There are two ways to fix the connectivity issue here, i.e., if you have a wired Logitech keyboard with you, then you should make sure that it is connected directly to your computer. While on the other hand, If you have a wireless Logitech keyboard, you should check the batteries inside it and also make sure that the wireless receiver of the keyboard is properly plugged into your PC.
Update Windows Driver
To update the windows driver on your system, you have to follow the given steps.
- Firstly, Open the Settings menu on your system and click on Update & Security.
- Now, here, select the Windows Update option and click the Check for updates button.
- Once you are done with the updates option, proceed on to the “View optional updates” option and select the Driver updates tab.
- Finally, Select the driver you want to update by clicking on the Download and install button.
Instead of using various methods, again and again, you should try troubleshooting the device itself. For that, you should check if the keyboard is working on another PC. If you find out that the keyboard is working perfectly on another PC, this means that there is a software issue or the ports of your PC are not functioning properly.
However, if the keyboard is not working properly on another PC as well, it assumably means the problem is not with the PC but with the keyboard itself. So, here you have to make sure that either you opt for a new keyboard or take this keyboard to a service center.
Disabling your antivirus is an easy option that can help you fix the error. To disable the antivirus on your system, you should go proceed with the steps given below.
- Open Windows Settings and then proceed to Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
- Now, select the “Virus & threat protection settings” option on the right side of the window, and click Manage settings.
- Finally, select the “Real-time protection if off, leaving your device vulnerable” option on your windows to temporarily disable antivirus.
Restarting HID Human Interface Service
To restart the HID Human Interface Service, you have to proceed according to the various steps mentioned below.
- Launch ‘Run ‘on your PC and type’ services.msc ‘in the text box, and then click Enter.
- There will be a list of services that will appear on your screen, and here you have to search for ‘Human Interface Device Service’ and once you find it, right-click on it.
- Now, select ‘Properties ‘from the drop-down box, and a dialog box will appear on your screen, and here, you have to make sure that the startup type on the screen is set to ‘Automatic ‘and the service is running correctly.
- Finally, restart your PC and see if the Logitech keyboard not working error has been fixed or not.
Reinstall Logitech Keyboard Software
Lots of times, it is seen that reinstalling the Logitech Keyboard Software can also help you fix the Logitech Keyboard Not Working error. To reinstall the software, you should follow the method given below.
- The first step here should be to launch ‘Run ‘and then type ‘appwiz.cpl’ command in the box and press Enter.
- Next, search for Logitech Software in this list that pops up and press right-click on it.
- Now, select ‘Uninstall ‘from the drop-down box.
- In the next step, disconnect your keyboard from your PC and restart it.
- Finally, reinstall the Logitech software after restarting your PC.
So, here are the various ways to fix the Logitech Keyboard Not Working in the 2023 issue. We hope you like this article, and if you have any queries regarding it, then you can leave a comment in the comment box. For more such information you can visit our site omggamer.com where we post news and the latest information on gaming, upcoming games, gaming builds, and much more.