Nintendo Switch is not just to play games. You can do much more with your Switch like streaming Netflix on it. This article is all about How to Watch Netflix on Switch. The Nintendo Switch is a hybrid video game console developed by Nintendo, a Japanese multinational consumer electronics and video game company. It can be used as a portable device and home console. Its wireless Joy-Con controllers, with standard buttons and motion sensing, can attach to both sides of the console to support handheld-style play.
Most of you would already know what Netflix is but for those who don’t know what Netflix is, Netflix, Inc. is an American production and media aids provider company. Basically, you can watch all your favorite movies, dramas, series, and TV shows in just one place. The Nintendo Switch is an eighth-generation console, in competition with Microsoft’s Xbox One and Sony’s PlayStation 4 & Playstation 5.
- 1 Stream Netflix on Switch | Steps to get Netflix on Switch
- 2 How to Get Netflix on Switch
- 3 Get Complete Guide to Install Netflix on Switch
- 4 Netflix on Switch Video Guide
Stream Netflix on Switch | Steps to get Netflix on Switch
Netflix is supported on various platforms including Android, iOS, Windows, and multiple streaming devices like Nintendo Switch, Firestick, Roku, and much more. Currently, apps like YouTube and Hulu are officially available on Nintendo Switch. However, Switch does not officially support Netflix but still millions of users already enjoy Netflix on it. Now we will see how do they do it.
To Stream Netflix on Switch, there are a couple of ways in which you can do it easily. Follow the steps given down below and you can easily stream it.
- First, you have to set up Nintendo Switch on your television.
- Second, install the Netflix app and sign in. An alternative method is to go to the Nintendo Switch home screen and select Netflix from the search filters and install it.
Read More: Surf Internet Web Browser In Nintendo Switch
How to Get Netflix on Switch
The Netflix application is unavailable on Nintendo e-Shop. It is only supported by Nintendo’s 3D family including New Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 2DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL. In order to Get Netflix on Switch, you have to first set up Nintendo Switch on your TV.
Steps to Setup Nintendo Switch on your TV
- Step 1: Open the back cover of the Nintendo Switch Dock.
- Step 2: Connect the USB plug from the NintendoSwitch to the AC adapter and then connect the other end of the AC adapter to a wall outlet.
- Step 3: Connect one end of the HDMI cable into the terminal of HDMI OUT and then connect the other end into an HDMI port on your TV.
- Step 4: Turn on the TV and choose the correct HDMI input.
- Step 5: Launch Nintendo Switch on your TV and open the home menu option.
Steps to Install Netflix on Switch (Coming Soon)
- Step 1: Once the Nintendo Switch is launched on your TV, open it with its login credentials.
- Step 2: Go to the home screen and select the e-shop icon.
- Step 3: Once the e-shop store is opened, select the box next to the search bar to get the on-screen keyboard.
- Step 4: Enter Netflix on the search box and then click OK.
- Step 5: Select the Netflix application from the search result.
- Step 6: Install the Netflix application and sign in with your Netflix ID to enjoy endless streaming.
Hope this method works for you as this method was tested by many people and it worked without any problems. Meanwhile, Rockstar Games is also planning to launch the next part of GTA which is Grand Theft Auto 6. Rumors are saying there’s some tie-up between Rockstar Games and Netflix. Maybe the company is planning to launch a web series or something before this game through Netflix.
How To Watch Netflix On Switch (Coming Soon)
If the above steps won’t work for you, then you can use the alternative steps which will help you in getting “How to Watch Netflix on Switch”.
- Step 1: Go to the Nintendo Switch home screen and select the e-shop icon.
- Step 2: Select the Menu button from the top right of the touch screen.
- Step 3: Select the Search option.
- Step 4: Select Add Search Filters and then choose the criteria like Platform, Genre, Publisher, and Price.
- Step 5: Select the specific Filter and click Apply Filter.
- Step 6: It will present a list of contents related to your search filter.
- Step 7: Select Netflix from the search filters and install it on Nintendo Switch to get endless streaming.
The above steps which are for e-shop will be available soon. One of the officials told our journalist on this during the video conference that “As Nintendo officially announcement about this is on hold due to some technical reasons“. Though we don’t know what are the technical reason but will update you once the company will officially announce it.
Get Complete Guide to Install Netflix on Switch
If nothing worked for you then do get our guide through which you will be able to watch any Netflix series in your Nintendo Switch. In this guide, you will also get a video guide that will help you to install any android app on this gaming console. This guide is not for the iOS app in Nintendo Switch. Now do fill the form given down below and you will receive an email with the complete guide.
Netflix on Switch Video Guide
If you are not able to Stream Netflix on Switch then here is the video guide through which you can stream Netflix on your Nintendo Switch without any problem.
How to Watch Netflix on Switch steps above works for you. As only apps like YouTube and Hulu were available on the Nintendo Switch the Nintendo fans were waiting to get Netflix on Switch. Now you can access Netflix also as you already know the technique. Just follow the simple steps I have written above and in no time you will be watching your favorite series in the comfort of your home. Meanwhile, if you want to play video games on your console you can just switch back to your games again. It’s that easy.