Any serious gamer must understand how to resolve Roblox Error Code 279 to keep playing without being disconnected from the game server. A slow internet connection, expired session, strict security settings, an out-of-date browser, or problems with the game server might all make an error message pop up on your screen.
Players should be able to identify the underlying source of the issue and take the appropriate action, such as checking their connection, resetting internet settings, updating the app, or getting in touch with support to understand how to fix it. You can play Roblox games without interruption by fixing Roblox Error Code 279 and avoiding getting frustrated or disappointed.
Reasons: Roblox Error Code 279
If you are familiar with Roblox, then you must know that players frequently run across the Roblox Error Code 279. The error might be in the form of a failed connection attempt when trying to join a gaming server on the site. Various factors can contribute to the error, such as a sluggish or inconsistent connection, an expired session, strict firewall or security settings, an out-of-date browser or client, or problems with the game server.
The game server may be unable to receive data from the player using Roblox’s device due to a slow or unreliable internet connection, resulting in the player’s device disconnecting and displaying an error message. The player may have to restart the game session if they are inactive for an extended period. The problem may be brought on by a strict firewall or security settings that prevent connections to the game server.
Roblox clients or out-of-date browsers may also have trouble connecting to the same Roblox server status. Sometimes, the game server may experience issues, leading to Roblox Error Code 279 for all players trying to play multiplayer games connected to the same server.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 279
Now that we have established that you run the risk of coming across an error message while trying to use Roblox, let’s discuss how to resolve the issue. There are different ways by which you can fix Roblox Error Code 279, and they include the following:
|How to Fix Roblox Error Code 279|
|Switch WiFI Connection|
|Turn off Windows Firewall|
|Perform a Port Forwarding|
Switch WiFI Connection
Switching to a different Wi-Fi network may be beneficial if Roblox Error Code 279 is brought on by a sluggish or inconsistent internet connection. Sometimes the Wi-Fi network in use may not have enough capacity and bandwidth to satisfy the data demands of the game, resulting in disconnections and error displays.
A quicker or more dependable Wi-Fi network can ensure a steady or slow internet connection throughout, lowering the possibility of a problem. However, changing Wi-Fi networks may not solve the problem if there are other factors such as an expired network subscription, strict firewall or security configurations, outdated browser, or malfunctioning client affecting internet connectivity.
Recommended: How to Fix Roblox Error Code 272 in 2023
Follow these steps to change your Wi-Fi connection:
- Step 1: In the bottom-right corner of your screen, select the Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar for Windows or the menu bar for Mac.
- Step 2: From the list of accessible Wi-Fi networks, choose the one you want to use.
- Step 3: If prompted, enter the new Wi-Fi network’s password.
- Step 4: Hold off until your gadget joins the new Wi-Fi network.
Turn off Windows Firewall
If severe Windows firewall restrictions or settings are to blame for the issue, turning off Windows Firewall could help. It is crucial to remember that turning off the Windows firewall may expose the machine to online dangers. First, attempt other fixes, change internet settings, verify the internet connection, or update the browser or Roblox client before disabling the Windows Firewall.
Also read: [SOLVED] Why Isn’t Roblox Working in 2023
The steps to disable Windows Firewall are listed below. Turning off the Windows Firewall should only be done if none of the other solutions resolve the problem and the user is certain that the firewall is to blame:
- Step 1: Search for “Windows Security” in the search field of the Windows Start menu.
- Step 2: To launch the application, click “Windows Security.”
- Step 3: Select “Firewall & network protection” from the app’s left-hand menu.
- Select the active network profile under “Firewall & network protection.” (either “Domain network,” “Private network,” or “Public network”).
- Step 4: Turn the “Windows Defender Firewall” switch to the Off setting under the network profile.
- Step 5: Click “Yes” to confirm the action in the pop-up window.
Perform a Port Forwarding
If stringent firewall or security settings are to blame, Roblox Error Code 279 can be fixed by port forwarding. The connection from the Windows PC to the game server can be improved thanks to port forwarding, which enables particular internet traffic from game servers to reach the device beyond the control panel of the firewall.
To execute the above port forwarding fix category, take the following actions:
- Step 1: Find your IP address by typing “what is my IP address” into a search engine. This will reveal the IP address of your device.
- Step 2: Obtaining the router’s settings: Enter your router’s IP address in your web browser and log in using your credentials.
- Step 3: Find the port forwarding settings: Depending on the router type, you may need to look in a different place for the port forwarding settings. Search the settings for “Port Forwarding,” “NAT,” or “Virtual Server.”
- Step 4; New port forwarding rule added: Type in the rule’s name, the port number, and your device’s IP address. Roblox commonly uses port numbers 49152-65535.
- Step 5: After adding the new rule, save the changes and leave the router’s setup page.
When antivirus software obstructs the connection to the game server, it may be possible to fix Roblox Error Code 279 by disabling it. Disabling antivirus, however, can expose the device to potential security risks; thus, it should only be done with prudence.
Useful guide: [Solved] How to Fix Roblox Error Code 267 in 2023
The user can take the following actions to temporarily disable the Windows firewall and antivirus software:
- Step 1: Open the device’s antivirus program.
- Step 2: Look for the options or settings option.
- Step 3: Locate the option to disable or turn off the antivirus temporarily.
- Step 4: Select the option to turn off the antivirus software, then confirm your decision.
- Step 5: Try connecting to the Roblox game server again to see if the issue has been fixed.
Roblox Error Code 279 can occasionally be fixed by disabling an ad blocker or browser extension. The communication between the game server and the player’s device may occasionally be hampered by ad-blockers or browser extensions, resulting in an error. The player might be able to keep playing games and connect to the game server without any problems if the ad-blocker is off because it will allow the game to communicate properly with the server.
The user needs to take the following actions to disable the ad-blocker:
- Step 1: Click on the ad-blocker extension icon in the top right corner of the open web browser.
- Step 2: Turn off the ad-blocker plugin for the webpage where the player sees Error Code 279.
- Step 3: Refresh the page and attempt to rejoin the game server.
Reinstalling Roblox may be a solution to Roblox Error Code 279 problems. Reinstalling Roblox fixes any corrupted or missing files that might be the source of the problem. To reinstall Roblox, follow these instructions:
- Step 1: Roblox can be removed by going to your computer’s Control Panel, choosing “Programs and Features,” and then finding Roblox in the list of installed programs. To uninstall it from your machine, click “Uninstall.”
- Step 2: Delete any remaining Roblox folders after uninstalling the program. Press the Windows key + R and type “%localappdata%” to accomplish this. Find the Roblox folder, then remove it.
- Step 3: Restart your computer: Do this after deleting the Roblox directories from it.
- Step 4: Reinstall Roblox by downloading the most recent client from the Roblox website. You can install it on your computer by following the instructions.
- Step 5: Try joining a game to verify if the error code 279 has been fixed after reinstalling Roblox.
How to fix Roblox Error Code 279 on Android/iOS
The steps below can be used to fix Roblox Error Code 279 on Android or iOS devices:
- Step 1: Ensure that the game will run smoothly and quickly on your internet connection. A sluggish or unstable connection might bring the Error Code 279 in Roblox.
- Step 2: To see whether the issue still exists, close and reload the Roblox app. This may assist in refreshing the connection and resolving the issue.
- Step 3: Check the Google Play Store or Apple App Store for any updates available for the Roblox app. Any faults or problems that may be generating the error can be fixed by updating the application.
- Step 4: Uninstall the Roblox app and reinstall it from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store if none of the previous procedures worked. This will correct any problems generating the error and replace any corrupted files.
- Step 5: In conclusion, you can check your internet connection, restart the program, update the app, clear cache, and data, or reinstall the app to fix Roblox Error Code 279 on Android or iOS devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: What does error 279 mean in Roblox?
Answer: Roblox Error Code 279 often appears when a player or online platform cannot connect to a game server. The error shows that the game’s right browser, or client, cannot connect to the game server because it cannot locate it. Numerous factors, including a sluggish or unreliable internet connection, an expired session, severe firewall restrictions or security settings, an out-of-date browser or client, or problems with the game server itself, can cause this. Error Code 279 prevents a player from continuing to play the game until the internet connectivity problem is fixed. Therefore, it is crucial to pinpoint the error’s primary source and implement the necessary fixes.
FAQ 2: Why do I keep getting error code 279 on Roblox mobile?
Answer: Roblox Error Code 279 can be brought on by a sluggish or unreliable internet connection, an expired session, stringent firewall or security settings, out-of-date Roblox software, or problems with the game server. Checking your internet connection, restarting or updating the app, moving certain games, clearing cache and data, or reinstalling the app can all be done to fix the issue. Ensure the game server is operating normally and your Internet Explorer, firewall, and security settings are not overly strict. If the gaming session has ended because you have been inactive for too long, you might be able to rejoin it.
FAQ 3: Is error code 279 a ban?
Answer: No, Roblox Error Code 279 does not result in a ban. An error occurs when corrupted game files or a player cannot connect to a game server. The error shows that the game client cannot connect to the game server because it cannot locate it.
Many factors, including a sluggish or unreliable internet connection, an expired session, severe firewall or security settings, an out-of-date browser or client, or problems with the game server itself, can cause this. Roblox Error Code 279 prevents a player from using several games by using a few game servers and stopping the game until the problem is fixed. Therefore, it is crucial to pinpoint the error’s primary source and implement the necessary fixes.
In conclusion, to resolve Roblox Error Code 279, it is necessary to pinpoint the first error message’s primary cause, which may be a poor internet connection, an expired session, stringent firewall or security settings, an out-of-date browser or client, or a problem with the game server.
Once the root cause has been identified, suitable actions can be taken to fix the problem, such as checking the internet connection, updating the software, modifying security or firewall settings, or reinstalling the app. We hope you enjoyed this article. Feel free to share this knowledge with others too. Also for more articles like this, keep visiting omggamer.com for more such updates from the world of gaming.