Final Fantasy is one of the many longest-running franchises in the game industry and was last released in 2016. The development team is now on a new move which is the Final Fantasy 16 Release Date. The development team, the Square Enix, has not said anything about the game and since they have just moved on to their next project, it may take some time before we hear anything about Final Fantasy 16 release date like for the next 2-3 years.
|Final Fantasy 16|
|Final Fantasy 16 Release Date||2021-2022|
|Final Fantasy 16 System Requirements||Windows 10 64 bits|
|Final Fantasy 16 PS5||Not Yet|
|Final Fantasy 16 Xbox||Not Yet|
Final Fantasy 16 Release Date
Final Fantasy 16 Release Date is not yet near to its launch. However, there are some of the features that we can expect from the game and also those features that we want to see in Final Fantasy 16. While Final Fantasy 16 is in its early development, Square Enix has already revealed some bits about the next Final Fantasy title to set our expectations.
Final Fantasy 16 Game Titles
Final Fantasy 16 Game titles are suggested here from some top level of gamers and experts.
- Concentrate on Fantasy: While Final Fantasy 15 did feature fantasy elements but some players raised concerns that the game featured mecha and armed soldiers prominently. However, it has been suggested that there won’t be any mecha at all in Final Fantasy 16. This indicates that Square Enix plans to concentrate on fantasy for the following instalment instead of machinery. The Final Fantasy franchise, as beloved as it is, has had developmental issues but despite all this, it has remained with remarkably loyal customers. Perhaps because of it, many fans are looking to the future, wondering what is in store for Final Fantasy 16. There is a lot of information regarding Final Fantasy 16 though some are rumours and the probability that it is closer.
- Not an MMO Anymore: Despite its informed launch, Final Fantasy 16 is one of the most successful MMO for Square Enix. With Final Fantasy 14 already launched as a great MMO, it’s likely that the company won’t jeopardise its player support with another MMO. So, Final Fantasy 16 won’t be an MMO it will be a single-player adventure. Square Enix plans to promote the MMO for a great time which rules out the probability of Final Fantasy 16 being an MMO.
- Choices With Consequences: Letting players make their own decisions in the game and suffer the outcomes and consequences makes the experience immersive. The majority of the developers have adopted this approach to their open-world RPGs even Assassin’s Creed Odyssey has multiple endings depending on player choices. It’s time for Square Enix to enter the team and it’s highly likely that Final Fantasy 16 will not only be open-world but will also have a branching story that will unwind based on the player choice.
- The Combat System: According to players complaints about the combat system. In my view, Final Fantasy 16 has to feature a combat system that features an elaborate combo system with fluid animations.
- Diversify: Final Fantasy 15 featured a much bigger open-world but needed diversity and significant content. With Final Fantasy 16, we would like Square Enix to focus on a solid game universe full of significant content which doesn’t become a chore to get across. I will keep you informed and updated as soon as Square Enix announces the Final Fantasy 16 release date.
Recommended: Final Fantasy 7 Remake Release Date
Final Fantasy 16 for Gaming Consoles
You must be wondering which platforms the game will launch for, considering PS5 and Xbox Scarlett have just been launched. The game will likely launch on those gaming consoles. It may possibly be launched for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.
For those unaware, although the Final Fantasy franchise has had an excessive 15 entries already, there are even more side entries, sequels, and spin-offs beyond that. Because of these many entries the main entry Final Fantasy games tend to be spaced far apart. Therefore, possibly the next main entry.
As you read about Final Fantasy 16 release date and it is already in the works and may even launch alongside gaming consoles like the PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X. Although only time will tell whether it is true because there are many rumours.
The generation of consoles, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is at the end of its life cycle. Therefore Final Fantasy 15 is likely to be the last Final Fantasy of that generation. So, it’s likely that Final Fantasy 16 will launch on the current generation PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett consoles. However, we expect the game to launch also for Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro.
If by any chance, the Final Fantasy 16 does not release along with PS5 or Xbox console, Square Enix will lose a chance of getting an organic promotion.
Final Fantasy 16 for PlayStation 5
Final Fantasy has had a slightly unusual history with its last five main entries. Final Fantasy 10 considered the first-ever Final Fantasy game on PlayStation 2, Final Fantasy 11, though, was a massively multiplayer online game, which while generally considered to be good in that genre, isn’t what a lot of fans wanted from the main entry Final Fantasy game.
Final Fantasy 13 accompanied the launch of the PlayStation 3, which was also welcomed with mixed-reception. As per the rumours with Final Fantasy 16 release date company will announce the PS5 version of this game.
The two most fresh entries of the franchise have even more questionable histories, though. Final Fantasy 14, yet another MMO, had what is perhaps the most solid launch of any Final Fantasy game to date, while Final Fantasy 15 is infamous for the decade Final Fantasy 15 consumed in developing ordeal and for being a result that many deem wasn’t worth the wait.
Also Read: GTA 6 Release Date
So it’s likely that Final Fantasy 16 release date is set for PS5. Square Enix confirmed how it will handle existing games playing on next-gen consoles. Instead of releasing two versions of its games that is one for PS4 and one for PS5, for example, the publisher will simply use next-gen backwards compatibility and the PS4 version will be playable on the PlayStation 5.