If you are looking for an informative and helpful guide on how to get the Destiny 2 Hammerhead then you are just at the right place. In this guide, we are gonna learn what is Destiny 2 Hammerhead, how to get it and why is it one of the best Destiny 2 weapons.
Hammerhead is a Legendary Machine Gun that was introduced in the Season of the Forge: Black Armory of Destiny 2. This weapon is loaded with some fabulous perks such as Random Rolls and Curated Roll (God Roll). Machine Guns are some of the most adaptable Power weapons in Destiny 2. From clearing adds to taking down other Guardians, there is not much they cannot do.
Recommended: Destiny 2 The Mountaintop Quest: Complete Guide
What is Destiny 2 Hammerhead?
Crafted in a Black Armory forge the Hammerhead is a Legendary Power Machine Gun obtained from the Volundr Forge located in the European Dead Zone (EDZ) in Destiny 2. It is the very first Black Armory weapon created by a Guardian. It is received as part of the Black Armoury Machine Gun Frame Quest. It is also the second Machine Gun in Destiny 2 and the first Legendary Machine Gun, the first is the Exotic Thunderlord.
Machine Guns are a heavy-ammo weapon type. So far, Machine Guns are available exclusively in two rarities: Legendary and Exotic. Hammerhead has random roll perks, and therefore cannot be re-acquired from collections.
Destiny 2 Hammerhead God Roll
The curated roll (God Roll) for this weapon is Hammer-Forged Rifling, High Caliber Rounds, Feeding Frenzy, Rampage. This Machine Gun was introduced during Season of the Forge: Black Armory of Destiny 2. It is a popular power weapon for PVP and PVE and has a high rank in the competitive PVP charts, as it shreds through Guardians like crazy.
Perks – Curated Roll
- Adaptive Frame – Well rounded, reliable, and sturdy.
Sight / Barrel
- Hammer-Forged Rifling – Durable ranged barrel.
- Increases Range.
Magazine / Battery
- Armor-Piercing Rounds – Rounds cause extra damage to shields and over-penetrate targets.
- Slightly increases Range.
- Feeding Frenzy — Kills with this weapon increase reload speed for a short time.
- Rampage – Kills with this weapon temporarily grant increased damage. Stacks 3x.
Recommended: Destiny 2: A Thousand Wings (Exotic Ship)
How to Get Destiny 2 Hammerhead?
You can get the Hammerhead Machine Gun through the Black Armoury and unlocking the forges. Follow these steps to unlock the forges, if you have not before:
- Step1: Visit Spider in the Tangled Shore
- Step 2: Enter the Annex area of the Tower and talk to Ada-1
- Step 3: Get a Weapon Core from a Black Armory Crate, and collect 25 Compound Ether from Fallen enemies
- Step 4: Get multi-kills and Hive kills using a Power Weapon
- Step 5: Defeat 25 Powerful Enemies
- Step 6: Collect Radiant Seeds from Powerful Enemies
- Step 7: Return to Ada-1 and visit the Volundr Forge
Here are the steps on how to get Destiny 2 Hammerhead. Follow these steps and in no time you will have your Machine Gun.
- Step 1: Once the forges are unlocked, return to Ada-1 in the Tower and pick up the Machine Gun frame to farm the Hammerhead.
- Step 2: Prepare the frame and have a look at the frame itself and complete the quest steps on there.
- Step 3: Speak to Ada, then complete the weapon by working the daily forge found on the European Dead Zone (EDZ), remember that they rotate daily.
- Step 4: Pick up the frame and then follow the instructions on there to get your Hammerhead Machine Gun.
Recommended: How to get Ace of Spades Destiny 2
Why Hammerhead is one of the Best Destiny 2 Weapon?
Hammerhead is one of the best Destiny 2 weapons because it has honestly tremendous range and stability, to the point that it has been entitled the best patrol rifle in the game.
Yes, this weapon is that great. This weapon is a 450 RPM Machine Gun, so it has exceptional performance in both PVE, PVP, and Gambit. It can roll with Feeding Frenzy and Rampage, assuring a uniform stream of destruction similar to Blast Furnace.