Discord is a web application that allows us to interact with our friends and a lot of anonymous people over the internet who too have Discord. Moreover, Discord is an app that allows us to make calls and text over the internet. It has features like VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol), instant messaging, and digital distribution of digital media content like games, videos, software, etc.
Discord was first launched in May of 2016, i.e nearly six years ago, and has been a hit since then. Though Discord is famous among a lot of gamers these days and is used in the majority of countries around the world, it is not error-free like any other application present out there on the internet.
Checkout: 5 Most Famous Discord Bot in 2022
Also Read: How to Use Discord on PS4/PS5 in 2022
Also Check: How to Fix Discord Screen Share Audio in 2022
Sometimes the Antivirus can also be the issue behind the error and a quick look at it can fix the problem. Or at last, if you feel like you have done everything according to the steps you should have followed, you can also try updating your Windows drivers because faulty drivers are most of the time seen behind any software issue.
|Delete Discord Files|
|Uninstall Discord & Delete Files|
|Check with your Antivirus|
Fix 1: Delete Discord Files
- Step 1: The first thing that you have to do here is to access the Task Manager and close Discord on it.
- Step 2: Now, right-click on the Windows start menu icon on the bottom left corner of the Desktop. Select “Run” on the contextual menu that just appeared.
- Step 3: After that, there will occur a small “Run” window on the bottom left corner and here you have to enter “%appdata%” and click on the “Run” button below.
- Step 4: Now you will come across a Windows Explorer window that will open in front of you and you have to locate a folder named “Discord”. Right-click on the folder and select “Delete”.
- Step 5: Return to the startup menu and load up “Run” once more. Type %localappdata% in the field and hit run. Find the Discord folder and delete it by right-clicking on it.
- Step 6: Relaunch the Discord setup file and follow the steps provided according to the installation process that occurs in front of you.
Fix 2: Reinstall Discord
To reinstall the Discord app, the first thing that you need to do is to remove the Discord app. To remove Discord there are some steps that you have to follow.
- Step 1: First go to the Windows setting menu. Right-click on the start menu and select settings to do this.
- Step 2: In the Windows setting, select apps under apps and features. Scroll down, until you find Discord, or you can even search for it. Once you find Discord, select it and then uninstall it.
- Step 3: When once the Discord Removal process is complete, head to the official website of Discord and download the latest desktop version that suits your PC.
Download Discord, Run the Discord Installer and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the Discord app again. The reinstallation process is now complete and you can now use the new Discord app.
Fix 3: Uninstall Discord & Delete Files
Recommended: How to Fix Discord Update Failed Error in 2022
Fix 4: Check with your Antivirus
Unlike any typical application that you see today, the Discord desktop app runs from within the AppData folder itself. Each version of Discord that you see on your computer is temporary, with an update file (update.exe) running first to ensure that the latest version of Discord is installed automatically. As a protected system folder, the AppData folder may have additional restrictions placed on it when a third-party antivirus is installed on your PC. Try to find out, that if your antivirus setting is blocking the Discord app, if so then add Discord to the allowed list to ensure that Discord can run without interference.
Fix 5: Update Drivers
Recommended: How to Fix Discord RTC Connecting in 2022
Frequently Asked Questions