Are you looking to use Discord on PS4 or PS5? If yes then this article will help you establish Discord on PlayStation.
Once unknown to many, now the majority knows about it, it is none other than the Discord app. Discord is an app that lets you have a conversation like a call, text, video call, etc while gaming or generally. Nowadays it is one of the most famous apps out there that is the favorite of many. Till now it is well known that the Discord app can be used on PC and Mobile but here we are going to see how the Discord works on PS4/PS5.
Checkout: How to Play Roblox PS4 in 2021
Discord on PS4/PS5
As Gaming was considered a hobby in the past, it a profession for many these days and an opportunistic field for some. While gaming we need to talk to our friends for better communication and apps like Discord does this job very well for us. In past, these apps were restricted to only PCs and mobiles but as time is changing, so is the technology and we are able to use apps like Discord on consoles like PlayStation. The process to use Discord on PS4 is given below.
How to Connect Discord on PS4
Using Discord on PS4 is not as simple as it is on other devices like PCs and mobile. It is the case because PCs and mobiles have a specific Discord application that helps flawless working of Discord on these devices but it is totally different with PlayStation as PlayStation does not have any application of Discord. This makes it a bit complicated for PlayStation to have Discord, but with a few tricks and efforts, you can install and use Discord on PS4. All you need is a few hardware devices and the proper way to do it, which is mentioned below.
Discord on PlayStation: Hardware Required
To connect Discord on PS4, you will require some extra hardware that is mentioned below. If you do not have the hardware then make sure to buy it, otherwise, you won’t be able to run discord on your PlayStation.
- A Mixamp – A Mixamp or any other specific device will easily help you, as long as it can effectively switch audio between the PS4 and the desktop.
- Cables – You have to use three different cables, a 3.5 male-to-male, a 3.5 mm aux splitter, and a 3.5 mm to 3.5 with volume control.
- Headset – you can use any heat but a headset with its app is more preferred so that you can tweak settings if you want to.
Note – Always go for the latest version of Discord which you can get from the official discord website.
Also Read: How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones To PS5
How to Set Up Discord for PS4
- Open Discord on your Desktop or if you don’t have it on your Desktop, then you can also open it on your mobile.
- Open the browser on your PS4.
- Search for Discord on the PS4 browser and open it.
- Log In to your account with your regular account and password information.
- Once your account is loaded, you will get the Discord services on the PS4 but when you will try to use it, nothing will work and it usually happens as it is a part of the procedure.
Steps: Connect Discord on PS4/PS5
- Connect the optical cable between the Mixamp and the PS4, which will help you switch the audio.
- Go to the PS4 settings, select sound, and screen, and go to the audio output settings. Here, change the primary output port to digital output.
- Now, plug one end of the USB cable into your base station and another end into your PC.
- Make sure that the base station is in PC mode or otherwise any further process won’t work.
- Open Discord on your Desktop and change the input device in voice setting to your Mixamp device.
- Use the 3.5 mm audio jack and run it via your PC’s speakers.
- Go back to your voice setting on Discord and modify the output device to your PC speakers.
- Now you will be able to talk via Discord and use PS4 simultaneously.
Recommended: How to Fix PS4 Overheating in 2021
How to Stream on Discord for PS4
Till now you should better understand that Streaming on Discord from your PS4 is a complicated process but like many other things on the internet today, it is not an impossible one. If you follow the process given above step by step, then you will be able to stream on Discord with the help of your PS4, the only thing that you should be aware of is that shouldn’t get exposed to any vulnerabilities following this process.
Will Discord App Ever Come To PlayStation?
As for now, there is no Discord app available for PS4 but this does not mean that you won’t get it in the upcoming time. PlayStation is working hard to get the application on its platform so that the gamers on PS4/PS5 platforms do not have to use any alternative methods to use the app.
FAQ 1: How to download discord on PS4?
Answer: Downloading Discord on PS4 is not possible but with the help of few alternatives given above, you can use Discord on PS4.
FAQ 2: Is the Discord app available for PlayStation 4?
Answer: There is no Discord app available for either PS4 or PS5, but it might be possible that in the upcoming time you will be able to use Discord on PlayStation.
This is all for Discord on PS4. If you have any other method through which users can use discord on Playstation then do comment down below. If you are new to us then don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter.