Have an issue with your Windows 10 PC? Software acting up? Look no further our Uplay Connection Lost has got you covered where we offer the most reliable fixes for the most critical problems! Uplay is Ubisoft’s game portal to all of its game titles available for the PC where you can buy, download and play games. It is like other platforms such as Steam, Origin, or Epic. It is also a hub for game communities where you can earn rewards, and communicate and connect to other gamers on this software.
You can play world-renowned games like Rainbow Six Tom Clancy, Assassin Creed, For Honor, and more. However, you may face Uplay PC Windows 10 connection problems when opening the gaming portal. If you are facing issues while connecting to the Uplay servers on Windows 10, then the below fixes may help you.
Recommended: Guild Wars 3 Release Date & System Requirements
Reasons: Why Uplay Connection Lost
Players have been constantly complaining regarding the Uplay connectivity issues though they log out and log in numerous times. Siege is also not accessible due to this error. A lot of players have also complained that this server connectivity error comes up even though they have a proper internet connection.
Why a Ubisoft service is currently unavailable?
While using Uplay, you may also face some connection problems and the common problems with the internet connection are:
- Uplay connection lost a Ubisoft service is currently unavailable
- Connection lost there seems to be a problem
- Uplay looking for patches then connection lost
The reasons we discovered Why Uplay connection lost can be:
- Because the connection to the server has been blocked. There are many fixes for this issue, as mentioned in our guide.
- Because the server has lost the connection to your client. This is a similar issue that Street Fighter V had and you can check out how to fix the connection problem in our guide.
- Because network and ISP administrators have put restrictions on your networks that may have caused Uplay PC Windows 10 connection issues. In this case, you should contact your administrators to resolve the issue.
Read: The Settlers Release Date
How to Fix Uplay Connection Lost in 2023
Now, how to fix uplay connection error? Uplay can throw multiple errors and each has a specific fix. We have compiled a list of the most common errors and their fixes. Go to try these solutions below to fix Uplay connection lost.
|Uplay Connection Lost: A Ubisoft service is currently unavailable|
|Fix 1: Turn Off Windows Firewall|
|Fix 2: Disable Background Programs|
|Fix 3: Change Proxy Settings|
|Fix 4: Flush DNS Files|
|Fix 5: Reset Host Files|
|Fix 6: Update Drivers|
|Fix 7: Update Windows|
|Fix 8: Reinstall Ubisoft Connect PC|
Uplay Connection Lost Video Guide
Here is a video on how to fix the Uplay launcher connection lost.
ALSO READ: Prince of Persia 6 New Game
Fix 1: Turn Off Windows Firewall
When Windows Firewall is not updated, some software issues may come up, and Uplay does not work properly as required. In this case, you want to turn off the firewall and follow these steps.
- Step 1: Locate the Windows Firewall icon from the taskbar and click open it.
- Step 2: Select Firewall and Network protection here.
- Step 3: Click open Public (non-discoverable network).
- Step 4: As soon as the Windows Firewall option is seen, turn it off.
NOTE: Your antivirus programs must be configured in such a way that it does not stop you from playing the games on Uplay. Moreover, it is also recommended that you close your VPN for the time being as it may come between your gaming session.
Fix 2: Disable Background Programs
If a lot of applications are running in your background, then you are likely to get interfered with Uplay connection lost error. For this, it is best to close all the background running programs.
- Step 1: Press Win + R to open the Run command. Here, enter MSConfig and press OK.
- Step 2: Go to the Selective Startup section and make sure that you uncheck the box of Load Startup Items. Click OK to save the changes.
Fix 3: Change Proxy Settings
You might not have the idea that when the Ubisoft service is not available for the moment, it might be due to the proxy settings or the Uplay program is not configured correctly. For this, go through the following process.
- Step 1: Open your Uplay app on the computer.
- Step 2: Go to the hamburger or menu icon from the upper left corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Go to Settings > Network and locate ‘Always start Uplay in offline mode’. Uncheck the option.
- Step 4: Now click on the button ‘Change proxy settings’ and configure them accordingly.
Fix 4: Flush DNS Files
Flushing out the DNS files erases all the IP addresses of those web servers you would have visited recently. We must remove them so that any out-of-date or corrupted files are also removed which are sometimes responsible for Uplay connection lost issue. Here is what you can do to flush the DNS cache:
- Step 1: Click on the Windows Start menu and type Command Prompt.
- Step 2: In this command window, type ipconfig/flushdns.
- Step 3: Hit Enter and your DNS files would be flushed out.
Fix 5: Reset Host Files
There might be some hostile entries and abrupt connection issues when Windows uses host files to map IP addresses. So this is how you can reset host files.
- Step 1: Download the compressed Host files.
- Step 2: Extract the files and copy them to folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc, and it replaces the original file.
- Step 3: Click on Replace.
Read: Stalker 2 Release Date, System Requirements, Trailer & Rumors
Fix 6: Update Drivers
Uplay connection lost there seems to be a problem, yes so to solve this you have to check windows drivers and update them using Windows Updates or by using any third-party software. Somes these errors can easily be solved by updating the old drivers to the latest drivers.
Fix 7: Update Windows
Windows Update is one of the most important updates for your computer. You may face errors with different software if your windows are out of the update. Go to the control panel and type “Windows Update”, a new window will come up. Then there is an option “Check Update”, click on that button and wait till your windows get the latest update. This process may take some time and many restarts so that new updates can be installed properly.
Fix 8: Reinstall Ubisoft Connect PC
The last method to fix uplay connection error is to Reinstall Ubisoft Connect PC. First, go to the control panel search Ubisoft and uninstall the software with all files (delete all files). After that restart your system and reinstall the Ubisoft Connect PC.
Uplay Connection 100% Fix
If all the methods mentioned above didn’t work then you can contact Ubisoft support by clicking on the option contact Ubisoft support. This will surely help and resolve the issue but their support will take time to answer the query.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: Why does uplay say connection lost?
If you are getting connection lost then you have to check your internet connection first, if your internet connection is working then try to do the above-mentioned steps.
FAQ 2: How much time uplay connection will take to get fixed?
It all depends on the situation, if you are going to contact the support it may take 1-2 working days.
Remember these tips and tricks only works on Windows 10. Other versions of Windows will require different steps. These instructions solve the most common issues encountered when Uplay PC Windows 10 is not connecting properly. If the issues continue even after using these solutions, then you may want to reach Ubisoft directly. We believe that you must have solved the Uplay connection lost issue by now. If you could have resolved it, let us know in the comments section below and give us a thumbs up.
I’v done all of them and still cannot connect to ubisoft servers it says ” A Ubisoft service is currently unavailable. Please try again later.” I keep trying again later but, nothing happens I’m confused i was just playing rainbow like a week or week and a half ago?
In that case, just do uninstall it and then re-install, It will work. Because it seems to be a software issue. May I know which OS are you using?
I used the whole procedure completely and also a lot of other advice from other servers. I also uninstalled and installed Uplay. He keeps telling me he can’t connect to the network. I can’t even ask ubisoft directly for advice. Because I can’t even log in to the site.
If this is the case then use VPN for your network and then try to connect. If it’s still not getting connected do let me know.
did you get that problem fixed im having it right now
Okay but what about PS4? Just logged in to Watch Dogs 2 and couldn’t connect to Ubisoft servers
Will update article related to your query this month. Stay connected with us, also if you want will mail once it will get completed.
sorry but where do i get the compressed host files from?
You can download it from Microsoft’s official website. Only if you are using Microsoft Windows 10 or 11.
I don’t know why Uplay is the only gaming application that has this problem!
This is a great guide! I had the same issue a few weeks ago and this helped me fix it.