Star Citizen Roadmap, Wiki & Updates: Star Citizen is a game on PCs developed by Chris Roberts and Cloud Imperium Games. Star Citizen is an upcoming space trading and combat simulator game for the PC. The development began in 2011 and announced in 2013. While its launch was originally anticipated for 2014, a significant expansion of gameplay features and scope has led to repeated delays. The latest of these modules, known as the “Persistent Universe”, was released in 2015 and continues to receive updates.
Star Citizen Roadmap
According to the Star Citizen Roadmap released on 17th April by Robert Space Industries. It includes the following:
Support for Server Meshing development has been highlighted as a high priority. As a result, Server Meshing support work was prioritized and scheduled for Q2, leading to Server to Client Actor Networking.
Death Animation Improvements
The Body Dragging will maintain its intended release in Alpha 4.0, Death Animation Improvements will move back one quarter to Alpha 4.1.
- PVP Bounties
The team expects to add additional Bounty Hunter themed cards in the future as front-facing features release dates are decided upon.
- Crusader & Orison Landing Zone
The team says Crusader and its landing zone Orison, back to the end of the year as the team required more time to create these locations. The reasons for this move are:
- The re-prioritization with specializing in GrimHex and other environmental add progress.
- The extra time it took to finish New Babbage.
- Delays from transitioning to a replacement work-from-home environment thanks to the present COVID-19 pandemic. As Alpha 4.2 isn’t yet visible on the roadmap, they’re going to be removing these cards for the nonce, but we expect them to resurface for the 4th quarter within the near future.
The following cards have shifted to align with the Crusader & Orison Landing Zone moves that is:
- Mission Giver: Lisa Gibbs
- Mission Giver: Devin Bautista
The following cards are added to the PU Roadmap under the Alpha 4.0 column:
- New Babbage – Shop Additions Introducing a novelty Kiosk in the New Babbage spaceport interior which will sell souvenirs and knick-knacks. Also coming to the spaceport is The Factory Line, a flagship store for MicroTech, which sells their top of the line products, such as mobiGlas and sim pods.
- Elevator Panel Updates – The utilitarian elevator panels are being updated to use interactable screens, as previously this was done through player inner thought.
- Heightmap Improvements – Updates are being made to all or any the heightmaps used on planets and moons to completely cash in of their higher resolution. This will mean more detail is often utilized during the painting process.
- Cutlass Blue – The building, balancing, and implementing the reworked police/militia patrol variant of the Drake Cutlass into the game.
Star Citizen Updates
Star Citizen 3.9 Update
Read More: Risk of Rain 2 Characters Wiki & Guide
Please avoid Microtech for now. Spawning logic is currently not functioning correctly and as such logging out at locations that should persist the player, including the bed, are temporarily not working. Interacting with the Vanguard series ship causes a crash. Please do not use these ships. The Pisces spawns without its landing gear lowered. Patrol mission objectives do not update after the player reaches the patrol area. Commodities can not be purchased at outposts.
Hostile turrets will not fire on the player. Shopping Kiosks are blank at all rest stops. Rest stop shops have no purchasable display items. Melee takedowns are not registered as kills vs AI targets. If a player has their ship despawned from the landing pad by ATC and retrieves another, they will sometimes be no longer able to retrieve the original ship. There is a large impact covering the screen when mining a ship’s deposit. The recovery ship data recorder’s mission does not update arrival. Body and temperature elements appear on the HUD, but won’t be a part of the 3.8 release.
Read More: When Final Fantasy 16 Release Date?
Replacement elements may appear on planetary surfaces. Players can spawn with blood loss that can’t be healed and get stuck in a death loop. There is no logout prompt for a few 890 Jump beds. Ships can find yourself oriented sideways when quantum linking. New Features Locations Added MicroTech Planet including the outside of Latest Babbage Landing Zone. Note, the inside of the Latest Babbage isn’t completed and is unavailable. Added new Rest Stop interior variants. Players now have the ability to select their initial spawn location when it is their first time logging into the game. GrimHex armistice has been updated to allow non-lethal Melee Combat.
Star Citizen 4.0 Update
Star Citizen Alpha 4.0.0 is an upcoming Star Citizen update planned to be released around June 2020. As per the Star Citizen Roadmap, the content within the update is subject to vary. The characters will include:
- Mission Givers
- Lisa Gibbs & Devin Bautista
- Orison Shipyards (Landing Zone)
AI ships have the proper functionality and behaviour to navigate and fight in the atmosphere by taking into account concepts like lift, drag, or energy potential. Ships will correctly navigate terrain layout and objects on planets as well. The AI will not only use a variety of weapons to create different combat situations but will have different ways to engage the player, whether in groups or alone.
Improvements and Polishing
This polishing pass contains final work on behaviours, balancing as well as bug fixing. The goal is to improve the look and feel of flight combat for the release.
Addition the ability for the player to traverse surfaces in zero-g by pushing and pulling with their hands. This will come into play when the player is wearing an EVA suit without thrusters, or if thrusters are turned off.
Addition the ability to dock and spawn vehicles connected to space stations. This functionality is required for some of the larger ships to spawn at certain locations.
That’s all for Star Citizen Roadmap, Wiki & Updates. Tell us which is your favorite character in Star Citizen? Are you excited for the new updates? Did we miss out on something on Star Citizen Roadmap? Let us know in the comments below.