Wondering how to get Ace of Spades Destiny 2? So here’s our Destiny 2 Ace of Spades guide which includes everything you need to know about this weapon.
If you notice an unusual number of players using hand cannons in Destiny 2, it is because they are apparently attempting to open an exotic weapon called Ace of Spades. It is a longspun, a little bit annoying quest, but I am pleased to announce that it is also super worth doing. The Ace of Spades returned in the Destiny 2: Forsaken expansion. In PvP, it has established itself to be a remarkably powerful weapon, beating hand cannons in a similar archetype and others including, but not limited to, Better Devils, Dire Promise, and Jack Queen King 3.
Recommended: Top 10 Destiny 2 Weapons to Win the Game
What is Ace of Spades?
Ace of Spades is a type of exotic hand cannon with a kinetic slot introduced in Destiny 2: Forsaken. Ace of Spades is the trustworthy Hand Cannon of Cayde-6 and was made especially for him by Banshee-44. The gun is taken by Uldren Sov while the story events of Forsaken before being restored by the Guardian.
The weapon was a Hunter-exclusive exotic Hand Cannon when first introduced in The Taken King, which worked as the signature weapon of the Vanguard Hunter Cayde-6. The weapon is named after Cayde-6’s son Ace. Ace of Spades has the following lore associated:
THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF CAYDE-6
To whom it may concern: I, Cayde-6, being of sound(ish) mind and body, do hereby and henceforth and heretofore leave all my possessions to the person, alien, animal, or natural phenomenon what kills me. Aforesaid possessions include, but are not limited to:
- The Ace of Spades.
- Any and all stashes I’ve hidden throughout the system.
- The Colonel, my faithful friend.
Destiny 2 Ace of Spades Perks
Every weapon in destiny 2 has pros and cons and the ace of spades also comes with some. So here are the reasons why the ace of spades is a really good destiny 2 weapon.
1. Exotic Perk
- Memento Mori: Reloading after a kill loads magazine with a few extra-damage bullets. Grants radar when aiming down sights.
2. Stat Modifiers
- Corkscrew Rifling: Balanced barrel. Slightly increases range and stability. Slightly increases handling speed.
- High-Caliber Rounds: Shots from this weapon knock the target back farther. Slightly increases range.
- Smooth Grip: This weapon is slightly easier to hold and aim. Slightly increases stability. Slightly increases handling speed.
3. Special perk
- Firefly: Precision kills with this weapon increase reload speed and cause the target to explode, dealing Solar damage to nearby enemies.
4. Masterworked Perk
- Funeral Pyre: Firefly deals more damage while Memento Mori is active.
5. Weapon ornament
- Last Hand: Equip this Weapon Ornament to change the appearance of Ace of Spades.
- Salute to the Colonel: Equip this Weapon Ornament to change the appearance of Ace of Spades.
Recommended: How to Unlock Redrix Broadsword Quest in Destiny 2
Is Ace of Spades still good?
Yes, Ace of Spades is still good because it has plenty of range for its archetype and because after your first kill and reloads you are running around with bullets that do increase damage. If you get adapted to the canter (if you do not have lunas howl), it is still a magnificent hand cannon.
Is the Ace of Spades Worth it Destiny 2?
Yes, even if you find the Ace of Spades quest a bit challenging at first while tracking it down but it is totally worth your precious time and energy. Ace of Spades is one of the most powerful hand cannons I have witnessed in Destiny. Its reloading time is super fast and it makes enemies explode after a headshot, also it buys you bonus damage after you get a kill. It has so many different perks that it’s worth using in almost any situation.
Destiny 2: Forsaken is quite easy to complete and Crucible is not that tough so long as you can strive for the head, the tasks for it are pretty simple so you do not have to worry and it is rather good for PVP and PvE. So yeah Ace of Spades is worth it. The weapon is not only perk-packed but the quest itself will aid you to get more skilled at the game in some particular ways.
Recommended: Ascendant Challenge This Week
How do you get Ace of Spades Destiny 2?
Thinking of how to get Ace of Spades Destiny 2? You can get Ace of Spades automatically after you defeat the Chimera at the completion of the Nothing Left to Say story mission. After coming back to Banshee-44, the gunsmith informs the Guardian that in order to make it usable, it must be calibrated again. An Exotic Questline is provided and you must complete the following steps:
- Step 1: Complete Forsaken’s opening mission ‘Last Call’, then visit the Gunsmith in the Tower
- Step 2: Finish the main story
- Step 3: Return to the Gunsmith in the Tower
- Step 4: In Gambit, kill enemies or invaders with a Hand Cannon
- Step 5: Kill 250 enemies in Strikes with a Hand Cannon
- Step 6: Get 25 precision kills in Crucible matches with a Hand Cannon
- Step 7: Open Cayde’s four stashes in the Tangled Shore, EDZ, Io, and Nessus
- Step 8: Complete the mission ‘Ace in the Hole’ on Titan
- Step 9: Visit Banshee-44 to get the Ace of Spades
Recommended: Destiny 2 Toland Location This Week | Who is Toland?
What Power Level is Ace of Spades?
It comes with a suggested power level of 460 so most of you should very easily get your hands on it without any difficulty. Head back to Banshee-44 after completing the Ace in the Hole mission and the Ace of Spades Destiny 2 will be yours.
Remember that all of the steps listed above to obtain Ace of Spades Destiny 2 can be completed with any hand cannon, so you do not need to go with one weapon throughout the challenges. We extremely suggest you take the time to do the Ace of Spades quest and try to complete the Ace in the Hole mission, even if you find the activities challenging. This will not only get you Ace of Spades but hone your Destiny skills. Let me know down in the comments what you think of Ace of Spades and what you thought of the quest.
Checkout: Destiny 2 Corsair Down Guide
That’s it for this guide on Ace of Spades Destiny 2. Good luck Guardian!, If you are new to omggamer then do subscribe to our newsletter for more destiny 2 updates. Also, do share your view using the comment section given down below.