Eventually, Disney Plus may come to Nintendo Switch, but it is not available just yet. Disney has not disclosed when we can anticipate this streaming service to come to the gaming console. In this How to Watch Disney Plus on Switch, we will essentially learn how to stream Disney Plus on Switch, and how to watch stream Disney Plus on Switch.
Disney Plus is a subscription video-on-demand streaming service owned and operated by DTCI, a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. It mainly offers movies and TV series produced by The Walt Disney Studios and Walt Disney Television.
A Disney presentation from 2018 demonstrated that the new Disney+ streaming service would be arriving at a broad range of platforms including the Nintendo Switch. However, the presentation further revealed that only some of these platforms would have access to the service at launch on November 12, 2019. Unluckily, Nintendo Switch was not one of these platforms.
Platforms that had Disney+ on launch day are Android mobile devices / Android TV, Apple devices (iPhones, iPads, Apple TV), Chromecast, desktop web browsers, Playstation 4, Roku devices / Roku TV, and Xbox One.
Read More: How To Watch Netflix on Switch
Stream Disney Plus on Switch
Currently, you cannot stream Disney Plus on Switch, however, there is a piece of good news for Nintendo Switch users. It seems that Disney recently announced that the Disney Plus streaming service will be accessible on Nintendo’s handheld console.
The news originates from a presentation slide revealing the new streaming service available on consoles. So it joins PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, besides it has the benefit of being portable.
Netflix, despite practically being available on everything in your house is still not accessible on the Nintendo Switch. And this is in spite of announcements since 2017 that Netflix would be launching the Nintendo Switch. Back then Reggie Fils-Aimé said:
“What I would say is this: We built the Nintendo Switch to be a world-class gaming device, meaning we want you first and foremost to play games on the system and have an incredibly fun experience.
“We’re talking to a range of companies about other services, companies like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon — things that will come in time.
“In our view, these are not differentiators. What differentiates us is the way you play with the Nintendo Switch and what you can play.
“And that will continue to be our focus into the future as we continue driving this platform.”
Hopefully, Disney Plus members won’t make us wait so hard for the Nintendo Switch like with Netflix as the two look like a perfect match.
Here are some of the various things you can watch right now on Disney Plus.
- Every Star Wars movie
- Marvel movies
- Disney animated films
- Pixar movies
- Classic movies from the Disney Vault
- Disney Plus original shows such as The Mandalorian
- Disney Channel movies and TV shows
- The Broadway musical Hamilton
Steps to Watch Disney Plus on Switch
You can watch Disney Plus through a number of connected devices such as desktop web browsers, mobile devices and tablets (Android and Apple), smart TVs (LG WebOS, Samsung Tizen, Android TV, Vizio SmartCast, Roku TV), game consoles (PlayStation 4, Xbox One), and Streaming devices (Apple TV 4th Gen and later, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Roku).
However, Switch does not officially sponsor Disney Plus but still, some users already experience Disney Plus on it. Now we will see how do they do it.
To watch Disney Plus on Switch, there are a few ways in which you can do it. Follow these steps and you can effortlessly stream it.
- First, you have to set up Nintendo Switch on your television.
- Second, install the Disney Plus app and sign in. An alternative method is to go to the Nintendo Switch home screen and select Disney Plus from the search filters and install it.
Here is a list of the various platforms that offer Disney Plus.
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets
- Amazon smart TVs
- Android smartphones and tablets
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Apple AirPlay
- Desktop web browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer)
- Google Chromebooks
- Google Chromecast
- iPad and iPhone
- LG smart TVs
- Roku streaming devices and Roku TVs
- Samsung smart TVs
- Sony PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
- Vizio Smartcast TV
Read More: Nintendo Switch Account Protection
How to Get Stream Disney Plus on Switch
Disney Plus grants for up to four different devices to stream TV shows and movies simultaneously at once. Users did not face household or internet network limitations, which implies four devices can stream while under the same roof or spread across the globe.
Currently, the Disney Plus application is not available on the Nintendo e-Shop. Disney has succeeded in locking deals with some of the reputed and famous streaming platforms, but sadly, not with the one we are looking for. In order to Get Stream Disney Plus on Switch, you need to set up Disney Plus on your television first.
Steps to Setup Nintendo Switch on your Television
- Step 1: Open the back cover of the Nintendo Switch Dock.
- Step 2: Join the USB plug from the NintendoSwitch to the AC adapter and then join the other end of the AC adapter to a wall outlet.
- Step 3: Join one end of the HDMI cable into the terminal of HDMI OUT and then join the other end into an HDMI port on your television.
- Step 4: Turn on the television and choose the correct HDMI input.
- Step 5: Open Nintendo Switch on your television and launch the home menu option.
Steps to Install Disney Plus on Switch
- Step 1: Launch the Nintendo Switch on your TV.
- Step 2: Open Switch with its login credentials.
- Step 3: Go to the home screen and select the e-shop icon.
- Step 4: Open the e-shop store.
- Step 5: Select the box beside the search bar to see the on-screen keyboard.
- Step 6: Enter Disney Plus on the search box and then click OK.
- Step 7: Select the Disney Plus application from the search result.
- Step 8: Install the Disney Plus application and sign in with your Disney ID.
We have not tried this method but some of our followers tried it and it worked for them without any difficulties.
Read More: Nintendo Switch New Feature
How to Watch Stream Disney Plus on Switch
Do you have been trying to stream Disney Plus on Switch but always failed? This is because there is no Disney Plus application for Nintendo Switch for now. Of course, this is not good if you only have Nintendo Switch as your streaming device.
The harsh truth is, to watch Disney Plus, you will need to reinvest in some other device, whether that be a smartphone, PC, or dedicated streaming device like an Xbox One.
Nevertheless, you can watch some Disney content on your Nintendo Switch. The Nintendo eShop offers applications for YouTube and Hulu, both of which provide some of their own Disney shows and movies.
It is saddening that Disney+ won’t be launching to Nintendo Switch for a while, given that it launched directly on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. However, this is not entirely surprising.
After all, it took a while for YouTube and Hulu to make it on Switch and Netflix is still finding its way out. Keeping that in mind, we are just glad that it is arriving on Switch at all.
We have not personally tried the above methods to watch Disney Plus on Switch yet, but some of our followers tried it and it worked for them without any difficulties. So we would recommend you try these steps and let us know if they worked for you or not in the comments.